Thursday, March 17, 2011

Because of You

This is another of my favorite poems, one that I feel helped me to achieve another level to my writing.  Believe it or not, this poem flowed from my fingertips to a piece of looseleaf paper, from beginning to end, without me even thinking about it.  The words truly wrote themselves...


Because of You
I can hear your gentle voice,
as I play it over and over again
silent whispers in the night.
blades of grass
dance about my fingertips…
learning back with a smile,
I think of you.
I can still taste your lips
ever fresh in my mind
your kiss…
softly spoken passion.
the clear night offers its world to me
arms outstretched
I take it…
and place it in your delicate hands.
knowing that in time
I can give it all to you…
piece by piece.
wanting to make all your dreams come true
lost in a world of serenity
I smile…
because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment